Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One soul, two bodies...

Well, well, well.... finally I made the right card for Less is More challenge - FILM this week. Well according to the challenge we had to have an inspiration from a Film/ Movie and the card has to be a One layer card. So, had a long list of movies from Titanic to Harry Potter where I could have made a ship or a wand respectively but it was not really clicking me.
So, here's my card... a different movie as inspiration. Any guesses??? 



To make this card, ooooooo it was the easiest. If u have used Microsoft word, there is something called as clip art in it. So I went into clip art and added my image of the lovely dancers on a word document keeping in mind the right placement & size of the image. I then printed this on the white card stock. Then cut the card stock into the standard card size. Finally added swooshes on water colors to create the background. Since, my printer ink was a little lighter, I used my sharpie marker to brighten my focal image and added the sentiment.

I am sure by now u guessed it... yeah my inspiration is from the movie "DIRTY DANCING". Dirty Dancing is a 1987 American romance film. Written by Eleanor Bergstein and directed by Emile Ardolino, the film features Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in the lead roles.

Hope you enjoy my card :)

6 comments:

  1. Its Beautiful Deepti i love the way you have created that Background too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea and nice splash of bg colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab dancing couple

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, you didn't draw these?!? Hahaha, just kidding, great idea to use clip art, and the background adds even more movement to your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha :) for a change yes, I did not draw them. I thought why not make my life easy for once ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry this is such a late visit, but I have been cruising on the Rhine for a week and have just got back.
    It's a super card
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete