Thursday, April 17, 2014

A couple of cards...

If you are looking for my Guest Design Post for Runway Inspired challenge, please click HERE

I am back again, I know I am posting almost everyday and maybe you get a little bored visiting my blog :) But as you might know when you get the right idea and everything seem to work on that idea, u can't do anything but to execute ;) LOL. These cards are a result of such a situation :) So, here's the first one... 
I created the front panel by inking followed by stenciling with a modeling paste. I was inspired by Muse #63 - Therese Calvird, Colors at CAS colors n sketches #70. the Theme at Time Out Challenges #3 - Happy Birthday (optional Masculine card) and Stenciling at the Virginia's View #2. I am glad coz of two reasons one I was able to create a masculine card and finally come up with a card that uses a stencil. I have tried a few earlier but all those made their way into the trash.

  
Supplies used - Inks Hero arts Shadow ink Soft Granite , Memento Tuxedo Black; Stencil Studio Calico Huey's mask Chevron, Dies - Momenta star dies; Camera die was sent by a sweet friend;  Stamp - Paper sweeties - You make me smile sentiment set; Versamark ink; Whisper opaque embossing powder; scotch glue stick n foam adhesive.

My second card was designed base on the Sketch challenge at The Hero Art Club Blog. This is the first time I am entering my card there. I used the Sketch #3
The panel was created by stamping the sentiment multiple times, followed by some inlaid die cutting. I used the colors at Color Q #237, the theme at the Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Antics and the technique of layering/ dimension at A blog Named Hero #42

sketch_challenge_500  
Supplies used - Inks Hero Arts Shadow Inks Fresh Peach, Butter Bar, Mid tone Pool, Memento Tuxedo Black; Spectrum Noir markers to color the image; Stamp Hero Arts OWH - My little Hoot set; Dies - Momenta Star dies; Sequins - bought from India and some Scotch foam adhesive and glossy accents.


Last but not the least, I want to thank a sweet friend of mine who mailed me most of the goodies I have used in these cards. She is just amazing!!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

37 comments:

  1. You are definitely on a roll, Deepti! Great job on that stenciling and a wonderful masculine card! Love the sweet owls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on your stencil card Deepti!! Love the look and that little camera! Your second card is adorable. I like the repeated sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards Deepti! Your last card is a darling! Super love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards!!! Deepti your owl card is so CUTE....<3 Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could never be bored of visiting your blog Deepti, your cards and so inspiring!! I love your card for TIME OUT, great stencil design x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never ever get bored from visiting your blog Deepti... I always leave inspired. This is no exception!
    Stunning creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the card! Fits a woman and a man I think... Great design! Thank you for taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both of these cards, Deepti! How sweet of your friend to mail you these goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THese are so cute....love your little hooty owl! So glad you played with us this week at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Deepti, I just love seeing what you make. Happy Easter :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved both of them Deepti ! First one is perfect guy card and second one is cute :D ! I am bored to visit your blog everyday I look forward to it..so keep posting n inspiring to create :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the texture of the paste and the monochromatic colour scheme! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME! I l also have that SC Chevron stencil and I think you have used it superbly! GREAT masculine card, Deepti! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cards love the cute owls :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, Deepti...you have done an AMAZING job on both of your cards! I love, love your stenciling...the dimension on this card is just beautiful, and your stars and camera are the perfect touch!

    What a fun way to stamp your sentiment on the 2nd card! I love all the pretty colors with your monochromatic owls so much! Your stars and sequins are so fab, too! I'm so glad you're finally able to join in on the Hero Arts challenge...Good luck to you!

    By the way ~ I will NEVER get bored visiting your blog, Deepti! Your creativity always inspires me, and I really enjoy looking closely at your details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that stencil combined with stars. Great design. And I also love your inking of the stars on your second card. So much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My gosh this is adorable! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you've used the sentiment to make a panel on the last one Deepti and all the stencilling looks gorgeous in the greys. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific stenciling on the first card - love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun and cheery card, Deepti, love those owls! So glad you joined in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are fab Deepti! I'm so glad you finally found some happy time with a stencil and the repeated sentiment behind the owls is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A wonderful design as usual, well done with the stencilling it is very tricky! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Splendid cards but my particular fave is the monochrome card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful cards! Love the stencilling with modeling paste on the first card! And, for the second card those owls and sentiments is so CUTE...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keep on posting every day - I never get bored with your gorgeous cards! Love the chevron panel on the masculine card, and the owl card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning cards, especially the first one, I love it! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your gorgeous cards Deepti - they are both fabulous:) happy easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both cards are fabulous Deepti. You are so creative and I love visiting your blog to see what you have made. Keep them coming! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh please continue with the daily posts, Deepti...love your creativity! Really love the stenciled card in the grays...gorgeous with a capital "g"!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Two fab cards! I love the layout of the first... And how cute are the owls in the second! :) Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Two brilliant cards! I love them both.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches! I love the way you used the colors for our challenge - as well as the cool stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab CAS creation in monochrome. Really like the geometric design, very masculine and stylish. Thanks for playing along at C&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome cards, Deepti! On your last card it's cool how your birds are shades of gray and your background sentiments are colored. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. both awesome designs! I love the first and the chevrons and that owl is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are on fire lately, Deepti! I love that gorgeous embossed panel on the first card and those owls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Love both cards! Amazing! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete