Tuesday, April 1, 2014

ATSM #89 - CAS

We have a wonderful new challenge for you this week at Addicted to stamps and more... Addicted to CASWe all know what clean and simple is right? It's all about the design, not the technique,  not the tools, not the embellishments. It's all about the design uncluttered, lots of white or open space and one main focal point. We have a very talented Guest Designer Bonnie of Stamping with Klass, joining us this week with a beautiful card :) She is an amazing inspiration :) and here's my card....

I recently bought a new stamp set Inkadinkadoo - Christmas Characters and these are soooo adorable and I couldn't wait to make a card using them :) To make this I cut out strips of card stock and snipped of randomly across the edges to give them the look of birch trees. Then I inked them lightly with Hero arts- wet cement ink. I stamped and fuzzy cut the cute Santa, colored it. Finally adhered it all on the card base with foam dots. Sentiment is from the same set.

I am entering this card at Retroketches #108 as I was inspired by it and also to Word Art Wednesday #125 - Anything goes!!. I will also be entering this into two Christmas Card challenges as it fits appropriately to each of these :) 52 (Christmas) Card Week - March pick a previous color and I picked September colors challenge #21  and also to Christmas Card challenge #18 - Favorite coloring medium - I used Spectrum Noir n Sharpie markers to color. 

There is a lot more lovely inspiration from the DT, Please visit our challenge blog here. The winner will receive a wonderful prize from our sponsor this week StampArt Design by Kathryne. Take a peek at their store here

I am excited to see what you will come up with ....
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment :)

45 comments:

  1. can't keep up with you, deepti!! it is one fabulous card after another... the card you posted earlier is gorgeous and this one is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!! HOW CUTE! Love little Santa poking his head out from behind those trees. Precious!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Deepti, I love seeing Santa peeking through the trees! How playful and fun! You are so sweet! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepti this is so cute! Love that little Santa...no wonder you fell in love with this set! Clever take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww....VERY CUTE, love that the red man is behind the birch trees :) Fabulous Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Deepti! Such a cute Santa peeking through the trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Deepti! Love how Santa is peeking around the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you made those birch trees. So clever! That IS a cute little santa and I love the hearts that you added with him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this little SANTA!! Cute Deepti!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snow cute! I love your peeking Santa~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool way to make the tress and that Santa is adorable and really pops x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi deepti wow this is absoutley stunning! I love how you made him peek through the trees such a fab card! :) thank you so much for your lovely comments you have a new follower :)
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, how cute!!! Love your birch trees!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that adorable Santa...he's adorable peaking out! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Deepti. Thought your trees were die cuts. Love the way your Santa is hiding among them. This is such a fun card! Love it. Have a fun filled day too.hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello
    Fabulous card... So cute.... Love it....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...just so CUTE with the santa peeking from behind the tree! Fab birch trees, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way Santa is peeking around the birch trees! Perfectly clean, simple and fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add - thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week too! xx

      Delete
  19. what a clever idea to have Santa hiding around the trees Deepti! so fun! I always get inspired when I come visit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fabulous is this Dee! I love that Santa is hiding in the birch trees!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this is fabulous, Deepti! I love how you created your own birch trees...you are so clever! Your Santa Claus is adorable, and I love how you added the little hearts! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How adorable! I love Santa peeking out from the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, that cute Santa peeking through the trees, LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is sooo pinned Deepti, those trees are amazing, what a fun fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. adorable carte Deepti, elle est vraiment très mignonne, ce petit père Noel est craquant, merci de jouer avec nous a 52CCT, a bientot, biz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eek! TOO cute!!! LOVE that little Santa peeking out between those trees! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and have a great rest of your week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brilliant, clever you making the trees yourself :D Love that cute Santa too :D x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pure creative genius Deepti! LOVE Santa peeking through the trees :o) Thanks for joining the 52CCT Pick a Previous Challenge. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG, your santa peeking behind the trees is so awesome!! Love that it's still clean, and all your action is happening in a small area. And that you used hearts on a Christmas card. Love, love, LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome!! I love your Santa peeking out between the birch trees - so creative Deepti!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is FABULOUS Deepti - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing take on the Retro Sketch....love Santa peeking between the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Brilliant! I love your trees are so clever and your Santa is too cute! Adorable!
    Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super clever! Thanks for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, Dee, this is just amazing. Brilliant to have Santa hidden in those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your combination of softly colored and realistic trees - along with that bold and cute Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Girl this is awesome! I love everything you do..
    HUGS

    -Ali
    Owner of The Alley Way Stamps

    ReplyDelete