Monday, April 7, 2014

Focus on the bird...

Hi friends... I was so inspired the Runway Inspired Challenge #57 - Markus Lupfer dress that I couldn't wait to make a card. I usually don't get crafty on weekends but this time I did :D My eyes got stuck on that bird, well it's a pigeon and that became the focal idea for my card.
I have this rubber mounted bird stamp that I stamped on a piece of scratch paper and I used my E-xacto knife to cut this bird and create a mask. I used the negative space of the mask and placed it on the card base and stamped the multiple sentiments (from CAS-ual Friday's - Comfort set), followed by inking the edges. Then I used the bird mask to cover the sentiment stamped bird and inked the panel around it. Finally did some more stamping to finish my card.
Since I have done stamping and my favorite technique of masking I will be linking it up to Stamplorations April challenge - Stamp and Technique and Little Tangles #34 - Masking. I am also linking it up to Catered crop - Put a bird on it ... because of course I have a bird on my card :)
 
 Catered Crop
 

Supplies used are - Stamps: CAS-ual Friday's stamps - Comfort and Wait for it, Studio G- iClear I've a crush on u set, Bird - Michael's; Inks : Distress - Mustar seed, Tumbled glass and Spiced Marmalade, Hero arts Shadow ink - Soft granite, Fresh peach and Memento - Tuxedo black

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

32 comments:

  1. Wow Beautiful...I love how you use masking on your cards Deepti ! Combine it with stamping n results are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an AWESOME card Deepti!!! So love the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such stunning and rich colors - gorgeous with the bold, black sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the negative cut with the words beneath and the great colors on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!! Love everything about this!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Deepti!! I like the text bird. You should link this up at the Catered Crop challenge, the theme is Put a Bird on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cards always seem so simple yet they are very complex... i love how you can do that with such ease!! this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME - 'nuff said ;) Thanks for hooking this beaut us at STAMPlorations this month, Deepti.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a cute and awesome bird at that! Love the background and the wordy bird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deepti, your use of the Distress Inks is fabulous! I'm in love with that bird and how you did your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card ..It's so cute Deepti.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Deepti! I just love the blue and orange inking you did on your background - this looks AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Deepti, I love the bird and the beautiful background you made too! Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome card. I love the bird in text, the smoky smudgy sponging and the two additional words in different styles and fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous interpretation of the RIC photo, Dee! Love how you did the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Nice !Kitta Paroo Hai

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your mix of colors and stmaps, Deepti! The composition is awesome and I think you have captured the essance of the runway photo! So glad that you join the fun over Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Total awesomeness! Love the bg - thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally in LOVE with this deepti!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, wow! Deepti, this card truly looks 3D! I really thought there was a bird aperture and the words were underneath. Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your background is really fabulous with your bird, Deepti! I love how you created and used your mask, and your bold sentiments are just perfect! Another really gorgeous card! Good luck in the challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun and unique card! Love your texty bird. Thanks for letting us know how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Deepti. Your card is awesome! Love it. Thanks for joining STAMPlorations' April Challenge. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great card! Love the masking! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, what great use of colour and the sentiment bird is perfect, yet another amazing card Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your bird and the colour combo. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that the pigeon inspire you to create this beautiful job! Great colors too! :) Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete