Friday, April 25, 2014

Thoughtful cards...

Hi friends!! I am back with two cards. As the title says... a lot of thought went into making these and when I have my ideas in place, I finish the card very quickly and usually the way I had imagined :) Yesterday at the grocery store I came across these herb bags and at that very moment an idea clicked.... 
To make this card, I created a paper bag by cutting n scoring a kraft card stock, made some stripes by masking n inking. Adhered the label n did some stamping. The herbs are the tree dies from CAS-ual Friday's. Finally, attached all the elements on the card base as per the sketch 

I am entering this to the following challenges -

1. CASology Week 92 - GARDEN ( herbs are used in the kitchen garden)
4. Wanna Sketch #15 by Dalhouse Designs (this is probably my first entry at her challenge, I love the sketches Lisa shares and I had to use it )
 Catered Crop Recipe Swap Button
  DDWS15
Supplies used : Stamps - Studio G mini alphabet stamp set, Recollections - preserve memories stamp set; Die - CAS-ual Friday's Tree Frie dies; Pattern paper - Sn@p color vibes from simple stories, DCWV Basics stack, Recollections Jute twine, Inks - Memento - Bamboo, Memories - white dye ink, Memento - Grape jelly n Tuxedo black


My second card was inspired by the theme at The Card Concept #8 - Use an umbrella and since umbrella is a symbol of comfort n care, I will enter this at the Paper Crafts April Gallery Challenge. 
To make this card, I simply hand drew the umbrella on a card stock with the size same as the width of the card base, colored n fuzzy cut it. Adhered it with some foam dots to add dimension. Embossed the sentiment. Also, entering this to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Keep it clean n simple

Supplies used : Markers - Spectrum Noir, Stamps - Sentiment from CAS-ual Friday's Stamp Comfort, Heart from American krafts - Blue skies; Versa Mark Ink, Whisper Opaque embossing powder and some foam adhesives

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

43 comments:

  1. Deepti, you are too creative!!!
    I love your packet of seeds and your amazing umbrella!!!
    Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Deepti..love both ur cards..liked the umbrella colors and way u have made it and first card is soo sweet for a mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Both the cards are fabulous. Brilliant ideas really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable - love your colors and how creative you were with the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Both cards are fabulous, Deepti! Love your creativity all the time!! Especially your umbrella card is so clever!!! It's always my great pleasure to see your awesome creations!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepti, these are awesome! I love your sweet herbs and the fun coloured twine around them. And that umbrella? It's stunning! Love the angle and rainbow colours. A winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards, Deepti! You are so creative - that bright umbrella is stunning, can't believe that you have drawn it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deepti--these two cards are works of art. Love the CASology one--how fun to be inspired in the grocery store! And, your umbrella card is just so vibrant and pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspiration is everywhere isn't it Deepti? Fun that you found yours at the grocery store! I am head over heels in love with your umbrella design! So clever and creative! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first card is very creative and unusual. Love the colors and brightness of the second card. Nicely done on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those little polka dot herbs are adorable!! Thanks for linking up at the ColourQ Deepti. Fun rainbow umbrella, love the little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, the little herb filled bag is fabulous! And I love that colorful umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag of herbs is very creative! And the umbrella....well, that's just a winner! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are just FAB Deepti! The herb card is totally genius and such a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards, Deepti. Love how you found your inspiration for your first card in the grocery store! Just shows how you can find inspiration everywhere!! Your umbrella card is a sure winner at TCCC! I saw this in the gallery and was stunned by your whole concept. It's just wonderful; love it! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. completely.blown.away!!! once, again, i am in awe of YOUR talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sweets! Thank you so much for being inspired by wanna sketch! You card is absolutely stunning, love that you created your own kraft paper bag!!! Plus, your umbrella card is just lovely and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely cards!!
    http://nehahandmadecards.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful beautiful cards Dee! Way to combine challenges. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology, the colourQ and the Card Concept. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card once again Deepti !! I loved the concept of first one and that umbrella has stolen my Heart :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, I love your rainbow umbrella !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am FLOORED by your hand drawn umbrella~~~ LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! You SIMPLY hand-drew an umbrella! Oh how you make me laugh! You do make it look simple. And gorgeous (you know I love a good rainbow)! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of these are gorgeous! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both fabulous! And the umbrella is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love your umbrella card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I believe you will be adding another winner to your resume with that brilliant umbrella card, Dee!! It is stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing cards as always, Deepti! Your rainbow umbrella is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your umbrella card is just stunning - and you drew it?!?! Great eye for perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card jumped right out at me on The Card Concept Challenge to use an umbrella. I love the bold lines and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like your herbs and how you created your bag now! The sentiment is awesome!!How creative with your umbrella and what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like how you masked and your zig-zag (Chevron). The spray on it is also great with those vitrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Deepti, both cards are amazing! That umbrella is too cool, and I love the herb garden card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Deepti, you are amazing!!! What stunning, creative, colourful gorgeous cards!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooh! How smart you are! Love your perfectly drawn and cut out umbrella. I love the super-sized image and that it appears we are looking down onto the beautiful rainbow colored umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are both spectacular cards! I love them! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous cards! That seed packet is so cute and clever. Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love your gorgeous umbrella - you are so clever! Both your cards are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely fabulous cards! The umbrella one is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. First- your little plant growing out of the seed packet is so sweet and smart. Second your Umbrella has me sooning! I love the perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Seriously? You drew the umbrella freehand? My oh my...you are blessed with endless talent! I love the colors that you used and how beautifully you colored and shaded the panels! Absolutely amazing work Deepti! So glad that you shared your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge.

    ReplyDelete